Please verify your setup by reading our System Requirements.
If your question is not addressed in Resources and Help, you can email email@example.com
Resources and Help
We offer the following online resources to help you work with PC2Me.
- Buy Now, to purchase a PC2Me Server license.
- My Options, info about license options for the PC2Me products.
Specific technical articles:
- http://iphonenetworktest.com - Test your iPhone bandwidth if you are having trouble remotely controlling your desktop. We suggest that you bookmark this site.
Support Contacts Show Hours
- Support Room: click the graphic below for online chat with live reps here in the USA.
- Ask Support a Question (ASAQ): Right-click the tiny PC2Me Server icon and select Ask Support A Question. Please provide a working email address and phone number, and a description of the issue. This form includes diagnostic information about your PC2Me Server that can help us resolve your issue faster.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please set your email filters to allow all mail from 1stWorks.com and pc2me.net. Be sure to check your spam or junk mailboxes for replies from us.
Or, call voicemail: 508-425-6613. Please leave a message. Thanks!
System requirements for the PC2Me Server are:
PC2Me Server runs in Windows XP, 2000, Vista 32-bit, Vista 64-bit, and Windows 7/8 on a PC, or on an Intel Mac in a Windows partition (such as Parallels Desktop, VMWare Fusion or Bootcamp).
We recommend a minimum of 512K RAM and a broadband Internet connection, although actual requirements vary depending on your file size and the number of concurrent viewers.
PC2Me Server must be able to sustain a continuous TCP connection through outgoing ports, which is allowed by most personal firewalls and routers. It is not necessary to "open incoming ports", although in some cases it may provide faster service. See Connecting Online-Direct.
Sleep mode. Set your computer so that it does not go to sleep.
Screen saver password. PC2Me works with password-protected screensavers, through its "Initialize Security" feature.
System requirements for the remote access device are:
Remote access requires Safari or the PC2Me Plus Native App on an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, with recent updates applied, minimum Apple device firmware level is 3.1 - IOS 6+, although we recommend that you always keep the firmware updated to the latest level.
PC2Me Local requires UDP and TCP connectivity through your Wi-Fi LAN network. UDP is required to see and connect to the computers running PC2Me Server on your LAN. TCP is required for data transfer. PC2Me Local does not require Internet connectivity.
In January, 2013, PC2Me Local app is no longer for sale at the iTunes store but you can purchase an upgrade license for application to your PC2Me Windows server-side program to gain PC2Me+ remote access from a pre-owned PC2Me Local native app.
Revised February 2013